10 things you need to know about Egypt Express Electric train
Egypt announced last week that it started manufacturing it's 1st express electric train. Here are 10 things you need to know about this project:
- The Egyptian Ministry of Transport has started manufacturing the express electric train, which will operate on three lines connecting all Egyptian cities.
- The trains are being manufactured in Siemens' factory in Krefeld, Germany, with the latest technology systems.
- The fast electric train network will consist of three main lines totaling 2,000 km.
- The first line will connect Ain Sukhna on the Red Sea to Alexandria, El Alamein, and Matrouh on the Mediterranean, with a length of 660 km.
- The high-speed electric train system will represent a significant leap in transportation in Egypt and serve the transportation of goods between ports and governorates.
- The new railway network will provide reliable, safe, and sustainable transportation for both citizens and freight.
- It will also create thousands of job opportunities and stimulate economic growth in Egypt.
- The network is expected to improve the quality of life of millions of Egyptians every day.
- The new system will cover all parts of Egypt, including the strategic line that connects the Red Sea to the Mediterranean.
- The manufacturing process of the trains is underway, and it will be a giant project for Egypt's future.