The Central Bank of Egypt launched, this July, a plastic 10 Egyptian pounds banknote. Here is everything you need to know about it.
1. The new banknote is made of polymer plastic.
2. It features the design of Al-Fattah Al-Alim Mosque, representing the new administrative capital, or the future, as well as pharaonic designs like the statue of Hatshepsut, the history.
3. The new banknote has a reduced cost of printing.
4. It is flexible, strong, thinner and lives longer than usual paper money.
5. The plastic banknote is difficult to counterfeit.
6. The new banknote is environmentally friendly and recyclable.
7. It is water and dust resistant.
8. It’s part of a strategy to raise the quality of banknotes and make them sustainable, as part of the 2030 vision.
9. It follows the latest monetary printing technologies applied in the world.
10. The old EGP 10 banknote is still valid.