Egypt’s Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA) launched a new initiative for Software companies in Egypt. The initiative is titled “Digital Transformation 4 Software Development Companies” (DX4SW)
Here are 7 things you need to know about it
- The main goal of the initiative is to support software companies in Egypt to achieve their business plans and strategies in the most efficient way. Thus, supporting the whole digital transformation of Egypt.
- The development will follow international standards like Agile, CMMI and DevOps TOGAF.
- The capacity building reference will be based on elements like: people, processes, technology, performance outputs and information systems.
- The Software Engineering Competence Center (SECC), part of ITIDA, will perform an evaluation of the company to identify improvement areas, then it will offer the needed training to present the company in the global market.
- The digital transformation of Egypt will happen when software and IT services in Egypt, cover the needs of different industries.
- The initiative is part of an agreement signed between ITIDA and different civil organizations and NGOs including EITESAL (Egyptian Information, Telecommunications, Electronics and Software Alliance) and CIT (Chamber of Information Technology and Communication).
- ITIDA and the NGOs will pay 80% of the cost of the initiative for small companies, 70% for medium sized companies and 60% for large companies.