51 Cairo International Book Fair
- Official Opening : 22 January at 10.00am 2020 entry is permitted only by Special invitation card.
- For Public : 23 January – 4 February 2020
- Hours : Daily from 10:00 Am – 08:00 Pm
The Cairo International Book Fair is the largest yearly cultural event in The Middle East, which aims to:
- Facilitate and promote the exchange between authors, publishers and all parties concerned with book, reading and culture industry from different countries.
- Organize a friendly International competitive event between all those who take part in the production of books, writers, publishers, paper manufacturers, printers, engravers, illuminators, binders, booksellers, librarians, bibliophiles and in general, all those who collaborate in book production and distribution.
- Provide a forum for the interested parties in children literature industry in Egypt.
- Establish a market for antiquarian booksellers.
- Promote all about cultural cooperation between nations and popularize the finest publications.
The exhibition in numbers
- number of pavilions in the exhibition is 808 pavilions (an increase of 86 pavilions)
- - number of publishers and official and foreign agencies 900 destination publishing houses (an increase of 153 destination publishing houses)
- - number of Egyptian publishers (general publishing) 398 publishing houses, the number of agencies 43
- - number of Egyptian publishers (children's book 75 publishing houses, number of agencies 3
- - number of Egyptian publishers (Islamic book and heritage) 121 publishing houses, number of agencies 36
- - number of Libraries of Azbakeya Walls 41 libraries - number of publishers (audio and electronic book) 7
- - number of participants with special abilities 3
- - number of publishers The Arabs 255, a total of 900
- - number of agencies: 99 agencies
- - total number of activities: 925 activities
- - number of participants in the events: 3502 participants
- - number of participating countries: 38 countries (an increase of three countries)
Every year in Cairo in the last week of January the Cairo International Fair Grounds open in Madinat Nasr, near Al-Azhar University. The Fair is organised by the General Egyptian Book Organisation.