Digital 2022: Half of Egypt is now on social media
We are social along with Hootsuite released their annual Digital 2022 Global overview report. The report shows statistics and data regarding internet, mobile, e-commerce and social media in more than 230 countries and territories.
The 2022 report has very interesting findings about the use and growth of digital over the last year, here are the top 7 points about Egypt,
- Egypt’s population is 105.2 million, that’s a 1.9% increase compared to last year.
- 98.29 million Egyptians have mobile connections, this is 93.4% of the population.
- Active social media users are at 51.45 million, that’s about 49% of the population, recording a 5% increase compared to last year.
- Internet users in Egypt increased by 1.9% over the last year, recording a number of 76 million users.
- 63% of Egyptian internet users pay for any form of digital content.
- Almost 19% of Egyptian internet users shop for groceries online every week.
- Almost 6% of Egyptian internet users own a form of crypto currency.
You can watch this video below about the top 10 highlights of the report.