- Work scenario: the profile will be, time to time, assigned to project teams developing proposals or executing projects related to the realization of industrial plants.
- Market sector: Mainly (but not limited to) petrochemicals
- Reporting to: Head of Civil Engineering Department
- Work location: Cairo - Egypt with possible frequent business trips or long term assignments in Egypt and abroad (office & site support activities).
- All the civil engineering and design activities (see deliverable list for details) required for the successful completion of the assigned project/proposal.
- Perform Quality checks on plant design & piping engineering documents issued by the Junior Civil Design Engineers
- Perform the interdisciplinary checks on the engineering documents as foreseen by the engineering procedures.
- Perform checks and reviews of documents provided by external agencies and Technology providers (licensors)
- Coordinate the civil design activities of the internal team and of the subcontractors, technology providers (licensors) or other external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the relevant information flow is optimal in timing and quality.
- Identify optimal techno-economical solutions for the project smooth development.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable standards, specifications, procedures and good engineering practices with special regard to HSE and Quality.
- Maintain and foster the links with the other project functions promoting efficient and seamless interaction for fast track project execution.
- The profile shall be responsible for the above through directly executing the relevant necessary activities or coordinating the activities of Junior Civil Engineers assigned to him/her on a project basis. This will depend on the specific project workload scenario.
- Professional knowledge: clear and solid knowledge of all the civil engineering related activities (see the deliverable list), ability to directly execute such activities. Clear and solid knowledge of civil design software tools e.g. Bentley AutoPlant 3D, Autodesk AutoCAD 3D etc.
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English
-References: Proven track record of occupying similar positions in projects and proposals in the relevant sector
- Soft skills: Strong team work attitude and ability to motivate the team members, significant communication skills, problem solving attitude, fast and multi-task execution capabilities, strong analytical mind set and imaginative problem solving ability
Deliverable list / Activities e.g.:
- Underground network design & construction drawings
- Fireproofing layout & details
- Foundation plan with loads
- Earthworks and land reclamation construction drawing
- Specification for Site preparation
- Piling Plan
- Concrete structure design calculations
- Architectural construction drawings (plan, section, elevation)
- Roads, yards and paving assembly drawing plan
- Steel structure construction drawings
- Geotechnical specifications
- Material Requisition (MR) incl. Supply Specification for steel structures
- Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) for steel structures
- Work Requisition (WR) incl. Quantities and Price List (QPL) relevant to civil works
- Specification of (external) engineering services
Implementation of :
- Civil design (home-office / on-site)
- Operational procedures, working methodologies and standards relevant to Civil engineering design activities
- Vendors & vendor documentation relevant to Steel Structures (e.g. Mechanical Catalogue and Inspection Dossier)
- External agencies / consultants (e.g. geotechnical institutes)