- Act in the role of subject matter expert for databases based on Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Conduct and implement database performance tuning assessments
- Design, develop, and evaluate database disaster recovery plans.
- Recommend and evaluate database capacity plans for transactional
and dimensional OLTP systems.
- Design, develop, and evaluate high availability database
solutions utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Create and implement database virtualization and consolidations
- Evaluate and harden database security.
- Implements and assess routine database maintenance plans.
- Translate business requirements and technical designs into
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and
- S. in Computer/Information Sciences or equivalent Engineering
- Microsoft Certification (MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 or
MCSE: Data Platform) a plus.
- 2+ Years of experience as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle DBA.
- knowledge of SQL Server internals, database mirroring, log
shipping ,replication , and backup/restore operations.
- Understanding of performance optimization, scalability and
tuning reviews/assessments (DB and SQL tuning), and query monitoring.
- Experience with SQL Server high availability features (e.g. log
shipping, failover clustering, AlwaysOn) a plus
- Ability to provide configuration, monitoring and on-call support
for development, test, and production environments
- Security models as they pertain to various SQL database/server
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
To apply click here.