1- Incident Management Analyst:
Monitors information security alerts and collaborate with other technical teams to respond, triage, and escalate as needed. Alerts include logs from firewalls, Intrusion Prevention & Detection systems, Operating Systems, Antivirus, databases, web application firewalls, and web servers.
- Experience in security Incident Response Activities.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting log output from diverse Information Security controls
- Experience with tools such as ArcSight, Security Analytics (NetWitness) and Qualys.
- Experience in Computer forensics and vulnerability management process
- System log forensics (Syslog, Event Viewer)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work on weekends and after hours as necessary while handling high severity incidents.
- Good time management skills
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Help desk or service desk experience a plus
- Good command of English language.
2- Senior Business Analyst:
To understand, prioritize, control, document the business requirements within Demand Portfolio, follow up the UAT till accepted deliverables and be specialized in certain group of business aiming to improve control/quality/ business performance and solve business problems
- Perfect command in spoken and written English & Arabic
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Power Point, Word, Excel, Internet and E-mail
- Business Analysis skills: Proven competency in business analysis, requirements definition and business case production.
- Communication and presentational skills
- Delivering results: ability to plan and organise work in order to achieve objectives & ensure internal stakeholders satisfaction
- Influencing and negotiating: has confidence and gravitas to influence and challenge at executive level.
- Understands the use of information technology in a Strategic context as a means to an end.