Advertising account handlers are employed by advertising agencies to administer the accounts of a small number of clients (between one and five companies), for whom they are the key contact.
They are required to know the client and understand exactly what it is that they do and what it is that they want to sell.
Their responsibilities could include:
- consulting clients about campaign requirements
- presenting campaign pitches and costs to clients
- passing proposals to appropriate media/creative staff
- negotiating time-scales and budgets
- monitoring work progress and keeping in contact with clients at all stages
- delivering final products for review
- report writing
- staff supervision
- financial administration
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
* A proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative;
* The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, whilst paying attention to detail;
* Influencing and negotiation skills;
* Oral and written communication skills (English & Arabic);
* A passion for advertising and an understanding of what makes a good advertisement;
* Resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism;
* IT literacy and an awareness of how the industry is developing in the light of new communication technologies.
* A willingness to learn, and flexibility;