To apply for this vacancy, please visit:
The job combines the two senior roles of Technical Manager Shell Egypt (SENV) and Deputy Petroleum Engineering General Manager in Bapetco.
Given the unique combination of the dual SENV and Bapetco roles, you are in a key position to drive and ensure integration and alignment between the two companies. Success in this position depends on your ability to build effective relationships and achieve results largely via influence.
You will be one of the principal drivers in developing both companies' short-term and long-term strategies, business plans, and asset management plans.
You will be responsible for managing all Shell Egypt Governance Support (GSM) Team related interfaces with EGPC and EGAS in relation to Shell EP ventures and assets in Egypt. The SENV GSM is responsible for the following business aspects:
-Hydrocarbon Maturation - Ensure integration and alignment between SENV and Bapetco in business vision and strategy definition, portfolio management including TLVC (Technical Limit Value Creation) methodologies, business plan preparation, production forecasting, field development planning, and maximizing value of existing fields through well and reservoir management. Ongoing close interaction with Exploration on all interface activities, HC resource funnel, including support in field development planning for exploration prospects, potential farm-ins and bid rounds, and preparing field development plans for new discoveries.
-Partner Liaison: Responsibility for all technical liaison and technical assurance interfaces with partner companies and EGPC in the post-discovery period according to existing Joint Operating Agreements. Together with the SENV Commercial & NBD Manager, integrates commercial and technical aspects of all development and operational deals with the government and other operators in Egypt.
-Governance Support : the SENV GSM provides first-interface governance support to Bapetco. This support includes ensuring alignment as much as possible with EP Global processes and standards in areas such as asset integrity, reserves reporting.
As a member of SENV management team, you will contribute to the shaping of the strategy and direction of Shell EP in Egypt with clear priorities in line with the EP Roadmap and business priorities. This includes adequate resourcing of all technical disciplines in SENV, with focus on recruitment and development of Egyptian staff (both graduates and mature hires).
- Broad background of Petroleum Engineering and/or Engineering / Operations,
- Strong Knowledge of business processes, management systems and structures for performance improvement. Need to identify and then close out innovative business models: A problem solver.
- Experience in implementation of realising the limit processes and in technical assurance.
- Clear understanding of the governance guidelines and an appreciation of governance/support role of SENV to Bapetco
- Economics and business planning knowledge preferably with experience in Production Sharing Contracts.
- Senior leadership experience
- External focus and capable of building interpersonal relations with EGPC, BaPetCo Chairman/GM and Managers, UIM, UIB,UIX, own staff, and SENV management team. Must have demonstrable integrity and the ability to build credibility with the government, partners, other external stakeholders. Must have "presence".
- Proven cultural sensitivity with positive, team-oriented approach to resolving culturally sensitive situations involving multiple (internal and external) stakeholders.
- Strong coaching skills for both expatriate and national staff. Ability to delegate.
Have a mature and broad technical background and 15+ years experience in Petroleum Engineering, Field Development Planning, and drilling / production operations.
Have an in-depth technical grasp of oil, gas and condensate reservoirs in a wide variety of settings (oil rim, waterflood, active waterdrive, solution gas drive, tight gas etc.) and across the entire life cycle.
Application Deadline: Saturday 31 March 2012
Number of Vacancies: 1
To apply for this vacancy, please visit: