The roundtable is an open discussion between several key experts in the energy field to shed light on the different obstacles impeding the growth of the Egyptian energy sector.
The objective of the event is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and expertise of key experts on Energy Efficiency in Egypt, aiming to conclude suitable solutions that would facilitate communication between the government and the public..
Roundtable Discussion to cover:
- Overview of energy situation in Egypt including energy supply and demand.
- Current Energy Efficiency Constraints.
- Institutional and legal constraints.
- Data and information availability.
- Capacity constraints.
- Financial constraints.
- Enabling Conditions for Energy Efficiency Policy implementation.
- Setting up the national awareness for energy efficiency improvements.
- Recommendations for further development of energy efficiency legislation and regulation.
The Roundtable discussion involves approximately 35 minutes of discussion for every outlined topic followed by 10 minutes for feedback and concluding remarks. The moderator has great influence on the flow and direction of the debate in order to ensure equality, objectivity and timeliness. Roundtable attendees should prepare targeted questions to substantively contribute to the debate.
The roundtable will also see the participation of various managers to be attend and document the discussion between officials. The attendees will have a chance to direct questions to the participants of the roundtable for ten minutes before the concluding remarks.