• Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
• Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
• Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
• Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
• Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in a worldwide ERP system.
• Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
• Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
• Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
• Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls. • Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
• Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
• Food industry experience a plus
• Hands on ERP experience preferred
• 5+ years of accounting experience; cost accounting preferred
• 3+ years of operational experience, especially with inventory
• Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
• Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
• Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques • Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes
Faculty of commrce