• Complete monthly closing activities related to manufacturing costs and inventory. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of closing procedures.
• Analyze and review cost and operating statements to ensure financial integrity and completeness.
• Ensure Internal Controls are adhered to. Develop new controls as applicable Development, updating, and maintenance of standard costs BOMs.
• Working with Corporate Accounting, ensure Balance Sheet reserves for shrinkage and obsolescence are complete and adequate.
• Coordinate annual physical inventory and cycle counts as applicable.
• Investigate variances and resolve issues. Lead annual budget process, including development of manufacturing cost center expenses, labor budgets, activity rates for labor and overhead to be used in standard costing. As part of budget process, test raw material standard purchase rates to analyze year over year changes in cost.
• Perform comparison of year over year product cost standards to ensure accuracy. Analyzing actual vs budget results for plant operating expenses, standard costing, andoperating expenses, standard costing, and variance analysis for material and freight costs Develop monthly expense and variance forecasts for the operation. Work closely with other process teams to facilitate project progress and to ensure integrated system solutions.• Works on special projects as they arise.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CMA a plus.
• .8+ years of progressive experience in accounting management, preferably as a cost accountant in a manufacturing organization Strong analytical and MS office skills advanced Excel proficiency.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written Significant cost accounting experience in a heavy manufacturing environment with understanding of business management software systems, and cost accounting standards and experience applying accounting principles, theories and concepts to financial transactions related to manufacturing processes.
• Must be customer-focused (internal and external) and possess the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data, develop and implement solutions to a variety of complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex financial analysis related to manufacturing activities. Demonstrated ability to identify problems develops solutions, and implements successful, maintainable process changes that improve accuracy, efficiency and timeliness.
• Experienced in interacting with manufacturing, engineering, quality, purchasing, production control, materials, and other functional areas of a manufacturing business Strong working knowledge of Information Systems (MRP, ERP, etc.) with emphasis in SAP and Hyperion.
• Demonstrated leadership and history of driving change and making a difference .• Demonstrated a high sense of urgency and drive for result ability to work well with other in a fast-paced , dynamic environment logical and creative thinker .