To apply for this vacancy, please visit:
About the Business:
Marks & Spencer, part of Al Futtaim Retail, is a globally recognised retail brand offering stylish, high quality, great value clothing and home products as well as outstanding foods.
With 18 Stores currently located across the GCC including locations in the UAE, Oman, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar there is further growth planned with an additional stores to open in 2012 to further strengthen this exciting brand within the Middle East market.
About the Job:
As the Regional Manager, you must be able to drive sales, profit and the highest merchandising standards through people and be able to deliver results through your management team.
* Through the use of effective coaching skills, develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of team members.
* Ensure all members of the team have a working personal development plan that is reviewed and updated regularly.
* Ensure all members of the team understand how they are performing and have SMART objectives designed to drive continuous improvements.
* Create and develop a succession plan for the area that utilises talent to its best potential.
* Recruit, select and train Store Managers in order to maximise Store performance and raise the management capability in the Region.
* Live the values; lead, motivate and inspire the retail team, encouraging a culture of open and continuous communication (training & meetings).
* Drive continuous improvement in stores through coaching and guidance to achieve operational excellence.
* Take steps to `fully engage` employees on the region thereby increasing productivity rates and improving rates of staff retention.
* Take steps to ensure that Stores are equipped both in terms of attitude and skills to ensure that Customers expectations are exceeded and the level of service offered by Store staff is exceptional on a consistent basis.
* Promote and develop cross-functional relationships and communications at all levels.
* Lead the area team in all customer focused activities and initiatives.
* Take steps to ensure that the Company sales process is adopted by all team members across all stores, taking remedial action where necessary.
Business Development / Driving existing business
* In conjunction with the Store Managers develop and implement business plans for each store and the area as a whole.
* Ensure the effective management and understanding of profit and loss accounts and identify opportunities to drive improvements at store and area level.
* Identify opportunities to drive performance through links with the local community.
* Demonstrate an awareness of current market position, trends and influences and utilise this knowledge to optimise on opportunities (at store and area level).
* Take steps to maximise the trading performance of the area every day of every week.
* Take steps to drive improvements in the performance of the area and individual stores across all KPI`s.
* Develop effective relationships with key field and Central Operations teams to ensure guidance and assistance is provided to Store teams to achieve business objectives. Drive results through supporting colleagues and sharing best practice.
* Ensure that merchandising standards across all stores meet the Company requirements
* Effective management of area budgets
* Compliance: ensure each store is operating in line with Company Policy and Procedure, taking remedial action where appropriate.
* Ensure all Company policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to within all stores, including Health and Safety.
* To deliver exceptional retail Store Standards and disciplines throughout the region.
* To manage effectively the administrative function within your team.
* Ensure efficient journey-planning to enable frequent, effective and productive scheduled, and non-scheduled
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Graduate Degree
* Retail and Whole sales experience
* Motivated and can work towards set targets and KPI'S
* Experience with and passion for premium fashion brands
* Commercial Acumen
* Customer focus
Minimum Experience: +8 years of experience
Behavioural Competencies :
Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as good organisational, management and communication and sales skills
To apply for this vacancy, please visit: