To apply for this vacancy, please visit:
Job ID: 811159
Division: Services & Support
Business Need for Job Evaluation:
The Global Partner Support Delivery (GPSD) Telephone-based Partner Technology Consultant (TPTS) group is responsible for assisting partners in winning deals, or sales opportunities, by providing technical sales support, in the form of, but not limited to: information, solutions, competitive alternatives, and tools that will increase the Partner’s probability of winning the sale. In doing so, the TPTS adds value to the partner’s business and enables their growth by influencing revenue. This job role is critical in supporting Microsoft Partners during the pre-sales process. If done successfully, improvement in Partner Satisfaction will also be seen, This position is based on the scope of services provided by the Sales Information Agent (SIA). Telephone-based Presales Technical Support is provided around the world. The GPSD vision is to “Accelerate partner wins by providing industry leading technical and business sales assistance.” This can be achieved by providing a consistent predictable level of telephone-based pre-sales support to Microsoft Partners worldwide.
Description of Purpose:
Workgroup’s Purpose The Global Partner Support Delivery (GPSD) group is the primary workgoup providing techincal sales support, including competitive sales assistance and technical issue resolution to Partners.
Job’s Purpose The TPTS serves as a sales support professional to offer technical sales assistance to partners and escalation of competitive issues to Microsoft’s product teams as appropriate when helping Microsoft partners in the sales process.
Technical Sales Assistance Assist partners in winning sales by evaluating customer requirements, mapping those needs to the appropriate Microsoft solution(s) and thus helping the partner to determine the best solution for the customer. Providing a solution can involve feature/function mapping, positioning Microsoft solutions and equipping the partner with the best resources available to win the deal. Tools used may include discussion guides, white papers, demonstration toolkits and other tools as made available by the product teams. Partners may be seeking assistance in selling to both new and existing customers as well as migration and competitive scenarios.
Special Projects and Training Time is allocated for the sales support professional to participate in small projects that will enhance the overall service delivery of TPTS. Training to increase and maintain product and sales knowledge must be taken to maintain and grow skills.
Informational Sales Assistance:
A portion of the calls taken by this service will be considered general informational topics regarding the partner program or assisting the partner in preparation of a marketing event by pointing them to marketing kits and presentations relevant to their subject matter.
Knowledge Sharing Information learned from sales opportunities must be documented and shared with peers for purpose of building out knowledge worldwide. As well, requests for information the sales support professional identifies as “missing” must be shared with business groups to better support future cases.
- Experience 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Education Bachelor’s degree is request
- Field of Study (if applicable): Computer Science
Professional Training and Certification
- Bachelors degree recommended in a technical area or equivalent experieince.
- Demonstrated technical skills/passion in that field or similar expertise are required with MCSE, MCSA or other Microsoft Premier certification(s) in the technologies supported.
- A background in competitive Microsoft products such as Linux, Oracle, Sun and IBM is preferred.
- Basic understanding of the sales or pre-sales process; how to understand client's decision-making practices, and the meanings of commonly used sales terms; ability to establish credibility and how to take a proactive approach to sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated customer service skills.
- 40 Words Per Minute typing speed.
- Enthusiasm for and experience with Microsoft products, passion for Microsoft technologies, and presales.
- Strong teamwork attitude and self-drive is key.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical issues and use solution selling skills in a Sales, Pre-Sales, or competitive environment.
- Must have proven organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload.
To apply for this vacancy, please visit: