- Manage the accounting functions: Assist the Finance Manager in the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of National Office’s financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed
Implementation of Internal Controls: Ensure the implementation of all internal control processes in all disbursements and transaction.
- Produce financial and statistical information: Oversee the production and storage of financial data and reports for the organization
- Budget Preparation: Participate in the development of the annual budget and ensure that the National Office office is spending according to budget through preparation of monthly budget versus expenditure analysis
- Payroll Administration- Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of the payroll and ensuring that all statutory deductions are remitted to government in a timely and consistent manner
- Loan Tracking System and SunSystems reconciliations:- Supervise and ensure the integrity of the data entered into both the SunSystems and Loan Tracking System
- Supervise and provide support to Finance Officers both in the National Office and the field and ensure the following duties are carried out:-
- Ensure all bank and petty cash accounts are accurately and timely maintained
- Secure and prepare required supporting documentation for expenditure and Journal batches
- Reconcile fund transfers each month
- Oversee the disbursement process, ensuring required authorization and documentation
- Posting of all vouchers in Sun Systems.
- Conduct the month-end and quarterly end close process, including consolidation of project accounts, reconciliations, revaluation and preparation of financial statements
- Advise and implement financial policies while promoting fraud awareness in all activities
- Assist in the preparations for the year end audit including providing all necessary documents
- Age : 30-35 years old.
- Bachelor Degree: University Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or similar.
- Years of Experience: 7 & above.
- Experience Background:
- NGO experience and knowledge of regulations guiding donor funded projects (e.g. USAID, UN)
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and financial analysis required.
- Experience in financial reporting.
- Good computer skills and In-depth understanding and proficiency in the use of computer-based accounting systems preferably SunSystems. Microsoft Word and Excel skills are required. Microsoft Access abilities preferred but not required.
- Requires good communication (speaking and writing) skills in English and Portuguese.
- Ability to train and support field finance and program staff in accounting matters
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal English and National Language
To know more about this vacancy and to apply: click here
To check our recent job vacancies: click here
To submit your CV to our database for future vacancies: click here
Don't have a professional CV? Use Top Business Smart CV Maker to create your CV in 3 steps, its simple, Fast and best of all free: click here