Providing support to Ashoka Fellows in the Arab World:
- Monitor progress and performance of Ashoka Fellows using Ashoka Arab World’s Monitoring and Evaluation System.
- Update Fellow’s performance sheets.
- Assist in developing Ashoka’s Fellowship monitoring tools for monitoring and evaluating the social impact of social entrepreneurs’ ideas and projects.
- Assessing needs of Ashoka Fellows.
- Developing and implementing the Engagement Plans of Ashoka Fellows based on their needs assessments.
- Map training providers and consultants who can provide trainings and mentorship to Fellows based on needs.
- Establish partnerships between Ashoka Arab World and capacity building providers and consultants for Ashoka Fellows.
- Conduct field visits to Ashoka Fellows.
Developing content about AAW Fellows:
•Conduct Impact Assessment Survey.
•Analyse all data collected from Impact Assessment Survey and Monitoring & Evaluation system.
•Gather updated information about Fellows from all internal and external sources.
•Create different maps of Fellows.
•Update current one-pagers with recent information about Fellows.
•Write stories and create video blogs on Ashoka Fellows’ work.
AAW Internship Terms:
•Internships are unpaid.
•Work related expenses are covered.
•We are based in Manial, Cairo, Egypt.
•Our working week is Sunday through Thursday from 9 AM - 5 PM.
•We accept interns on a rolling basis throughout the year.
•We offer Search and Selection internships for a minimum duration of 4 weeks
•Internships are available across AAW programs.
•Interns are requested to bring their own laptop.
B.A. in a relevant field, preferably Social Sciences, Business, Management, Economics, or Political Science
Undergraduates can also be accepted, provided they can make the time commitment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Experience and Requirements:
• Good online research skills
• Good communication skills
• Flexible and creative
• Passionate about social development issues in the Arab World
• Must be creative within her/his scope of work and very resourceful in problem solving
• Must understand Ashoka’s vision and work.
• Must demonstrate her/his commitment with social change.
• Must be a deeply trustworthy person.
• Must be service-oriented and flexible.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple high-priority tasks at once.
• Must be a team player with a high level of commitment.
• Must maintain cooperative working relationships and interact with others in a helpful, courteous and friendly manner.
• Must demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population and be able to work with persons of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds across all areas of the world.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their application package to: email@example.com with “Fellowship Intern” in the subject line Application package should include:
1- Updated Resume in a PDF format.
2- Answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in doing an internship for AAW?
2. Describe in your own words what it means to be social entrepreneur.
3. Describe a situation where you have been innovative and/or entrepreneurial.
4. Please indicate your preferred starting and ending dates for the internship.
5. Will you be able to commit to a full-time internship in our office from 9 AM - 5 PM, Sunday through Thursday during your preferred internship period