Analytical Technologist Needed for Dow Chemical Egypt
Dow (NYSE: Dow) combines the power of science and technology with the “Human Element” to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress.
15.12.2011 | Cairo, Egypt | Dow Chemical Egypt
Focusing within a single business or across multiple businesses this role will: Perform non-routine and complex analyses. Be responsible for analytical systems and Operating Discipline / Quality System. Evaluate and apply new / improved analytical systems.
Provide analytical data to produce and release products and enable process and/or product optimization and problem prevention, ensure analytical systems are performing optimally, and evaluate and apply Most Effective Technology
- Follow EH&S and Operating Discipline/Quality System procedures and practices.
- Ensure service requests are value adding and aligned with the business, unit and team goals.
- Develop response plans for and schedule non-routine analytical requests.
- Route analytical requests to the appropriate workgroup or service provider.
- Collect samples that involve complex procedures. Perform non-routine and complex routine analyses.
- Using relevant tools, evaluate validity of data, apply statistics, interpret results and take appropriate action.
- Adapt laboratory I/T and data handling systems to the needs of the unit and perform first-line troubleshooting.
- Perform complex calibration and maintenance of analytical systems.
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of analytical systems.
- Document, communicate and archive results.
- Help troubleshoot plant and customer problems.
- Network with other technical people to share technology and to leverage problem solving and prevention expertise.
- Evaluate and implement new/improved analytical systems.
- Train peers in use of analytical systems and EH&S and OD/QS procedures.
Contribute to value creation by continuous improvement of EH&S and OD/AS procedures, the analytical work processes and related tools and performance metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry.
- Excellent Proficiency on Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to operate independently and to take the initiative in accomplishing job responsibilities.
- Good project management skills.
- Good communication skills with ability to interface well with wide variety of people.
- Positive attitude, with an open-minded approach to learning.
- Proactive approach in planning for various needs and requirements of work group - including an awareness of the responsibilities of group members.
- Analytical Technologist Needed for Dow Chemical Egypt
- Online since
- 15.12.2011 13:27:16
- Available until
- Apply until
To see contact data please Log In – you can Sign Up free of charge
More from this categories
Chemicals Chemical Equipment